Timber floor adhesives made easy.
SMX-30PLUS is a solvent, and water-free universal parquet adhesive. Suitable for bonding many types of parquet floors onto suitable indoor substrates.
Here is a product which has revolutionised the timber flooring market.
- Ready to use, no mixing required
- Remains flexible
- Single component ready to use system
- EC-1R Plus label: very low emission values
- Solvent free
- Contains no water
- Free of isocyanates
- Easy to apply
- Forms stable peaks when applied with a notched trowel or spreader comb
- Rapid cure and build up of final bond strength
- High final bond strength (according to EN14293)
- Suitable for subfloors with a residual moisture content up to 6% without the use of a moisture barrier
- Remains permanently elastic
- Suitable for subfloor heating
- Avoids staining of the hands
SMX-30PLUS is a solvent, and water-free universal parquet adhesive based upon SMX Polymers. Suitable for indoor bonding of all types of wooden floors such as solid, stab, pre-finished, and on-end parquet, wood-planks up to 18cm wide, wood-block and laminates. Suitable for use on porous and non-porous substrates such as mosaic, anhydrite, concrete, screeds, wood, chipboard and OSB Board (large particle size chipboard) , including floors with underfloor heating. SMX-30PLUS is also extremely suitable for bonding moisture sensitive wood onto moderately porous surfaces.
SMX-30PLUS cures by means of a chemical reaction within the adhesive. Once fully cured (12- 24 hrs. at 21°C and 50% RH) an elastic and non-shrinking adhesive layer is formed, which is resistant to moisture and heat. The adhesive has excellent adhesion to most common substrates used in the construction industry. SMX-30PLUS contains no water or solvents, minimising the risk of deforming the parquet.
Before installation of the parquet or timber flooring, the substrate should be checked to ensure it is suitable. Check the moisture content throughout the entire thickness of the substrate with a carbide or electric hygrometer. The acceptable moisture content must be as recommended by the flooring manufacturer. For application on concrete subfloors a moisture content up to 6% is acceptable. SMX-30PLUS should be applied to an even, stable, dry, clean and smooth substrate, which is free from irregularities and cracks. Rests of old adhesives may affect the adhesion and must be removed mechanically. Loose or damaged surfaces must be repaired before the application of the adhesive. If the subfloor is not even its needs to be levelled with a suitable levelling material. Powdery surfaces can be treated (after consulting our technical service) with Soudal WBPR-21 Deep Primer. Very porous surfaces can be treated (after consulting our technical service) with Soudal WBPR-11 Surface Primer. Subfloors with a higher moisture content than described above can be treated (after consulting our technical service) with Soudal EPR-31P. Smooth surfaces like anhydrite should be roughened and disposed of the top layer. Sanded subfloors must be vacuum cleaned with an industrial vacuum cleaner. When installing a parquet floor on top of marble, terrazzo or ceramic tiles they must be first cleaned with caustic soda or another suitable cleaner. Once cleaned, rinse the tiles thoroughly with plenty of clean water. Ensure the floor is completely dry before applying the SMX-30PLUS. A preliminary compatibility test is recommended on every surface.
Maximum dimension parquet Max width x min. thickness (mm x mm)
Massive 180 x 20
Engineered 240 x 14
The parquet flooring must be acclimatised for several days in the area where it is to be installed. Leave the parquet in its original packaging until installation to avoid any deformation. Check before installation that the moisture content of the wood is as recommended by the supplier, (generally 9% +/- 2%). If the humidity of the wood is more than 11% installation is not recommended Allow a gap of 1 to 1,5 cm around the perimeter of the laid parquet, including any columns or structures, which penetrate the floor. Applying the adhesive: SMX-30PLUS should be acclimatised to room temperature before installation. Apply the adhesive to the surface by means of notched SOUDAL trowel N°11. For parquet sizes smaller than 60mm wide and 300mm long notched SOUDAL trowel N°3 is recommended. Do not apply more to the surface than can be covered with parquet within 40 minutes. Slide the parquet onto the adhesive layer and tap into place or tamp down with a rubber hammer. A minimum of 80% contact coverage is required to ensure a perfect adhesion. Loading the parquet with weights will improve the final bond strength. Wait at least 12 hours before sanding and finishing the parquet. Uncured SMX-30PLUS may be removed from tools and parquet with SOUDAL Adhesive cleaner. Cured adhesive must be removed mechanically.
Colour: light oak (RAL1001) Packaging: 600ml foil bags, 3 alu-bags in a plastic bucket (3 x 6 kg = 18kg). The high-quality packaging guarantees an optimum shelf-life of the product. Separate packaging permits flexibility in use.
At least 12 months in unopened packaging in a cool and dry storage place at temperatures between +5°C and +25°C.
- Never install onto substrates, which are not protected against possible rising damp.
- Do not apply the adhesive at temperatures below 15°C or above 25°C
- Minimum temperature of the substrate should be at least 15°C.
- Do not apply the adhesive when the relative humidity is above 75%.
- Never install onto a substrate which contains too much moisture or onto substrates with a higher humidity value than recommended by the timber supplier.
- Never install timber which is too dry (<7% humidity). This type of timber can expand at higher humidity or when the humidity rises and cause damage.
- Do not install if the walls and ceilings of the area are not dry (e.g. after plastering or painting etc.)
- Do not dilute the adhesive.
Health- and safety recommendations:
- Apply the usual industrial hygiene precautions.
- Wear protective gloves.
- Consult the label for more information.